Friday 2 January 2015

Making Peace with Nature

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

[Update 27/9/2019: Aware that I do not use social media myself, readers often ask if they can post a link to any of my poems on social media or simply recommend any of my blogs by title. No, I don’t mind at all.  If you want to recommend, go ahead, and many thanks; the more readers, the more feedback. The only reason I do not use social media myself is because I am in my 70’s now and not well these days. I simply do not have the time as everything takes so much longer; working on a poem can take days anyway, and there is always shopping and housework to be done besides regular visits to my GP surgery or the Macmillan Cancer Centre (for my prostate cancer) and replying to any feedback that gives an email address. (I ignore spam emails.) While I have always enjoyed meeting up with readers who are visiting London, whether for a few drinks, a meal or just chatting over a coffee, I have mobility problems now and cannot get out and about as often as I would like, but feel free to get in touch any time even if it's just an email to say hello. I don't post comments because they take up too much space, but I will always reply to emails with 'Poetry' in the subject field; feedback is always welcome.] RNT

Meanwhile...

We spend a lifetime listening to nature, but how much do we really hear, and to how much of that do we relate and act upon…?

MAKING PEACE WITH NATURE

One evening,
I imagined birdsong asking
what I was doing,
dying of wishful thinking
of you

Come morning,
I heard grasshoppers telling
tales on my dreaming
of embracing, being kissed
by you

At mid-day,
I heard a honey bee buzzing
to just about anyone
willing to listen, I’m in love
with you

Come twilight,
catching me out still thinking
of telling you one day
that I am gay, but scared
of losing you

Darkness falling,
and I can hardly see for all
you’re telling me
through tears, in denial
for years

Midnight chiming
and declaring loud and clear
(for anyone to hear)
how you and I rediscovered
each other

Life, flying as high
as our love means to take us;
gay lovers cocking an ear
to nature’s song, and singing
along…

Copyright R. N. Taber 2014

No comments: