Monday 1 June 2015

Reconstructing the Here-and-Now


Regular readers will be aware that this blog is meant for everyone; those who have yet to explore their sexuality or remain closet (whatever their reasons) as well as openly gay people.

For any gay man or woman, boy or girl raised in a gay-unfriendly environment, that first kiss from a kindred spirit redefines the person we are as opposed to the person we may well have been encouraged to think we are by well-meaning if ultimately divisive, even destructive socio-cultural-religious ‘mentors’ demanding we always do as they say if not as they (always) do…

RECONSTRUCTING THE HERE-AND-NOW

Your fingertips brushing mine;
my whole body quivering
like a leaf in a passing breeze,
as I sense in you an affinity
with such anguish tormenting me
for years

Your knee pressing against mine,
my whole body striving
to yield its secrets like a flower
opening up to sunshine
after spring rain, ultimate drying
of tears

Your hand finding a way into mine;
my whole body longing
to surrender to its consuming heat
as I sense in you an affinity
with such desires so-tormenting me
for years

Your embrace, only half hoped for,
only half expected…
crushing my loneliness into pieces,
joining them together again
to create a whole new picture of love
and peace

Your mouth pressing against mine,
my whole body exploding
its shame and self-consciousness
like a wild puffball flower
fair fragmented into oblivion on our 
quick breaths

Copyright R. N. Taber 2015

No comments: