Monday 24 August 2015

G-A-Y, in Sync with Mind-Body-Spirit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

Now, as regular readers will know only too well, I cannot relate to religion, but have no problem as such with any religion except where it has a problem with me for being gay. 

Rock Haven, one of my favourite DVDs, suggests that any dogma that suggests religious beliefs and gay relationships are mutually exclusive and any denial of human love is unfit for purpose. My sentiments exactly...nor do I accept that gay clerics are unacceptable to any religion unless they practise celibacy; the idea is absurd. Mind, Body and Spirit are three in one, not isolates. 

If God IS love, how does anyone of any religion reconcile that with an intrinsic homophobia? 

This poem is a villanelle.

G-A-Y, IN SYNC WITH MIND-BODY-SPIRIT

I have faith in a growing spirituality
fuelling my completeness,
reassuring, reasserting my sexuality

Depending on the inner eye to see
the light of true happiness,
I have faith in a growing spirituality

No affinity with religious identity,
I wear nature’s battle dress,
reassuring, reasserting my sexuality

Where dogmas argue my legitimacy,
place me under duress,
I have faith in a growing spirituality

It’s an open heart that let me go free
(of a caged mind in distress)
reassuring, reasserting my sexuality

A selfhood responding no differently
to any other with flaws to confess,
I have faith in a growing spirituality
reassuring, reasserting my sexuality

Copyright R. N. Taber 2015




No comments: