Friday 20 November 2015

Open to Question


Hi everyone. Hope you like today’s poem. Some blog readers contact me via the comments button, but I do not post comments, good or bad. Please include an email address if you want me to reply. (I love to hear from blog readers worldwide.)

Body language says it all...but is easily misunderstood, too, so you have to get it right .

Oh, but who has not been there, sitting at a bar, cafe, wherever... alone, glancing around...wishing and hoping ..? 

OPEN TO QUESTION

He looked at me, smiled,
made my day,
and I could only wonder.
is he gay...?

He was with a friend
chatting away,
and I could only wonder,
is he gay...?

I smiled back uncertainly,
wistfully, shy;
was it just a friendly smile
or…why?

He did not look at me again,
my fantasy guy,
leaving me to but wonder,
can a smile lie?

They left, these two friends
I ordered  a beer,
thinking how life is a bitch,
my way unclear…

Man with the Smile returned
on his own,
grabbed a bar stool by mine,
tossed me a grin

The way his eyes engaged me,
made my day,
and I did not have to wonder,
is he gay...?

Copyright R. N. Taber 2015
















No comments: