Monday 30 May 2016

G-A-Y, Seeds in the Wind

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

There are a number of documentaries on You Tube about homosexual behaviour in animals; the link below will take you to my favourite video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYdcvRe7ox8

Nature’s heterosexual majority, it would appear, is far more accepting and understanding of various species’ native traits in this respect than many among its human counterpart of its own.

Is it any wonder then that as a gay teenager and young man long before gay relationships were decriminalised here in the UK, I found not only comfort but growing sense of spirituality in nature sadly (still) lacking in any religion regarding potential subscribers who happen to be gay.  (Members of the Church of England hierarchy who maintain that it is OK to be gay so long as we are not having sex have to be living in cloud cuckoo land!)

G-A-Y, SEEDS IN THE WIND

I’d let squirrels swinging upside down
on a washing line
into certain secrets I preferred to keep
from family and friends

I‘d tell next door’s cat touching base
with its favourite haunts
how it’s a shame many humans so love
pass judgement on others

I’d hold forth to a vixen watching cubs
venturing into the open
on humankind’s fetish for hypocritical
hearts and minds

I’d confide in the sun, moon, and stars
that many Earth folk
might well be happier for engaging less
in one upmanship

I’d commune with nature and company
about divided societies
more likely to fight over any differences
than respect them

Finally, I got around to telling the wind
I am gay and to pass it on;
if all nature can live with that, humanity
can take or leave it

Copyright R. N. Taber 2016



No comments: