Monday 23 August 2010

Rewards

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

This poem first appeared on the blog in March 2009. It is repeated here today especially for ‘Ric’ and ‘Gemma’ who contacted me about the poem and to relate how they have tragically lost their respective partners during recent years.

Words can never say enough. I can but hope the poem speaks for itself and will help, in some small way, to ease the pain of losing a loved one.

If love has a season, it is an eternal springtime of the heart... for everyone, both sexes, all ages; nor does it (ever) discriminate.

So never wait for spring to feel love in the air, and give in to its persuasion.

REWARDS

In a spring breeze
I'll run my fingers through your hair,
the love in your eyes
my reason for being alive

In a summer twilight
I let your lips play a sweet love song
on my heartstrings
to remind me I’m still alive

In an autumn cascade
I can feel us falling like leaves of red
and gold, nature’s way
of preparing to stay alive

In a winter snowfall
I’m so wrapped up warm in your body,
the heat of our love
my reward for being alive

No season passes
when you don’t take me in your arms,
fill me with the joy
that’s risen from your grave

Some say love is not for gay dreamers,
but Earth Mother has other ideas

Copyright R. N. Taber 2008

No comments: