Wednesday 13 April 2016

Exhilaration

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

Sometimes love is a long time coming, but when it does…wow!

While true love will last, it is a fact of life that not all relationships - gay or straight - can withstand the test of time.

Whatever, we can enjoy what we have while we have it…and how!

EXHILARATION

I only had to see him
for a heat to rush through me
like an express train

I only had to hear him
for music to rush through me
like songbirds on wing

I only had to touch him
for desire to rush through me
like a summer wind

He only had to hold me
for passion to rush my senses
like wild honeysuckle

He only had to kiss me
for delight to rush my despair
like a birthday surprise

He only had to love me
for its sheer ecstasy to rush us
like an express train

Where life rushes at love
and would share but glimpses,
we had other ideas

Copyright R. N.Taber 2009

No comments: