Wednesday 10 February 2021

Hello again, Everyone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber 

Hello again, Everyone, 

I am still working on a poem here, but hope to finish it soon. In the meantime, we can but all do our best to be safe, keep well and nurture a positive mindset.

Another “new reader” writes that it is ‘…unfair to talk about religious bigotry.’ He or she is entitled to their point of view, of course, but - not least as a gay man - I have been on the receiving end may times. Most religions are homophobic and always ready to quote from one religious text or another to justify the unjustifiable. Religion is far more than dogma, though, and that is often interpreted to best suit the accuser. 

Many Christians, for example, are quick to quote from the Old Testament, especially Leviticus 18, that suggests gay sex is an 'abomination. rather than the New Testament’s assertion in Mark 12 that we should  treat each other as we would expect to be treated ourselves. 

The same “new reader” claims to enjoy some of my poems and is 'genuinely sorry' that I will go to Hell when I die. Since I believe that any hell lies in what we make of life in the Here-and-Now we must agree to differ, but…  who knows, until we are beyond reach of all human consciousness or conscience?

Take care, folks and I hope to complete a new poem today, disorderly thought processes (more than a little out of sync with bardic aspirations) notwithstanding.

Many thanks for dropping by, much appreciated,

Do try browsing the archives in my absence as, when and if the whim takes you… for better or worse.

Hugs,

Roger 

[Note: This poem also appears on my general poetry blog today.]

 

No comments: