Wednesday 17 November 2010

Waiting on the Eternal Sunshine of Open Hearts and Minds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

For readers who often ask about my informal poetry reading on the 4th plinth in London's Trafalgar Square in 2009; the entire eb streamed video lasts an hour:

http://www.webarchive.org.uk/wayback/archive/20100223121732/oneandother.co.uk/participants/Roger_T [For now, at least, this link needs the latest Adobe Flash Player  and works best in Firefox; the archives website cannot run Flash but changes scheduled for later this year may well mean the link will open without it. Ignore any error message and give it a minute or so to start up. The video lasts an hour. ] RT 3/18

Meanwhile, once upon a time...

STUDENT (shivering): How can you laugh and joke when it is so cold? I’m freezing.

TEACHER (recently engaged): That’s because you’ve never been in love.

STUDENT (scornfully): What’s that got to do with anything?

TEACHER: One day, if you’re really lucky, you’ll find out.

I did.

 WAITING ON THE ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF OPEN HEARTS AND MINDS

Autumn, it has gone
and soon there will be snow
but I have you
and you have me, wherever
we may go

Winter, it might be long
and spring may take its time
but I am to you
and you to me as a love poem
is to rhyme

Spring. new beginnings,
hearts and minds opening up
like garden flowers
to the eternal sunshine
of better days

Seasons, they pass
and nature will have its way,
just as I with you
and you with me, no matter
we are gay

Lovers everywhere
are always there for each other
just as I for you
and you for me, one summer
forever



Copyright R. N. Taber 2010

No comments: