Tuesday 24 December 2013

Now, Voyager or G-A-Y, Quantum Leap

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

Bad times are inclined to haunt us, but that’s not always such a bad thing if it makes us concentrate on and be thankful for the good times, inspires or even goads us to beat any unfriendly ghosts of the past at their own game if only by taking that quantum leap most likely to give us a chance to shape up for a better, kinder future…

'The untold want by life and land ne'er granted,
Now, voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.' (Walt Whitman)

NOW, VOYAGER or G-A-Y, QUANTUM LEAP 

The night I walked was cold
and dark, seemingly without end,
no star in the sky
to guide me on my weary way
nor Man in the Moon
pretending to watch over me,
be a friend

The road I walked was cold
and dark, seemingly without end,
my lonely world,
a sorry place, heavy heart
an everyday load
for no one to watch over me,
be a friend

I fell to my knees and cried,
bitter tears, seemingly without end,
and after a while
the night grew less cold and dark
as a sick, pale, moon
appeared, seemed badly in need
of a friend

One by one, fading stars came
to assure me a new day was near,
and sure enough
dawn blinked at the end of my tunnel,
urging me on to its end,
daring to believe I’d find in Apollo
a true friend

The world I walked was cold
and dark, no comfort in night or day
as I all but gave up
on it, scared of its discovering I’m gay,
till woken by his breath
on my face to all the light and heat
of love on Earth


Copyright R. N. Taber 2013

No comments: