Saturday 4 February 2012

Dearly Beloved

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

Yes, I know I said posts would be intermittent for a while because I am so busy preparing my new collection for publication by the end of February/early March. However, I do so love writing up the blog that I try to make time for it most days. Besides, I am not well at the moment and communicating with you all helps me feel a lot better.

Now, this poem last appeared in the spring of 2010 and has always been popular with readers.  I have been asked to repeat it for new and regular readers today by ‘Mauricio’ especially for ‘my very own beloved invader, ‘D P’. He doesn’t give a first name but I dare say D P will recognize himself.’

DEARLY BELOVED 

When you entered my body,
passion, heat and desire
throbbing at the very fingertips,
I thought I was surely dying
to come so close to heaven
on an earth ravaged by pain,
even the flowers hurting from
a steady fall of acid rain

When you entered my body,
passion, heat and desire
foaming at a full, sweet mouth,
I thought I was surely blessed
to feel the arms of an angel
embracing me with such love
and more, in a world so haunted
by poverty, hunger, terror

When you entered my body,
passion heat and desire
coaxing me to glorious orgasm,
I learned to know myself,
freed at last from fear and doubt,
like a flower whose petals
stayed shut, until nature’s need
to come out…

Oh, dearly beloved, thanks to you,
every love poem I write rings true

Copyright R. N. Taber 2007; 2018

[Note: This poem has been slightly but significantly revised from the version that appears in Accomplices To Illusion by R. N. Taber, Assembly Books, 2007]


No comments: