Tuesday 28 February 2012

Pulp Fiction OR Flirting with Imagination

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

[Update: (Feb 4 2018]; Several readers have asked me ro reinstate 'Blasphemy' to the blog as they have been unable to access it via Google Play. I will start posting again in serial form later this week.]

News Update (June 21, 2016): My (slightly revised) gay-crime novel 'Blasphemy' (2006) is now available as an e-book on Google Play:


NB My novels (including gay-interest, crime and fantasy,  published and unpublished) will continue to appear in serial form on my fiction blog. I am grateful to those readers who have been in touch to say they have enjoyed my novels and why those as yet unpublished (Dog Roses, Mamelon, Predisposed to Murder and Like There's No Tomorrow deserve to be. The fact remains, though, that I was never able to find one and found myself concentrating more and more on my poetry.

I hope to announce any e-editions of my poetry collections and subsequent new collections (in e-format) as I upload them on both general and gay-interest poetry blogs; each collection will continue to include both general and gay-interest poem just as my fiction will embrace both general and gay-interest storylines.

Meanwhile,...

Now, if you enjoy writing in any genre and despair of having writer’s block, you are not alone. I, for one, know the feeling only too well. Ah, but believe me, there’s nothing like a spot of ‘live’ pulp fiction to stir the imagination ... 😉

PULP FICTION or FLIRTING WITH IMAGINATION

He got on at Leicester Square,
sat opposite me, heading for Edgware;
between dripping sardines
our eyes met. (Rain on the face
or beads of sweat?)
I chanced a friendly smile
and mouthed, “Hello.”
He flung me a dirty look - so
I returned to my book although my heart
yearned for his beauty,
let it comfort my despair. (Oh, to burn
my fingers on the sparklers
in his hair!) Patched jeans smouldering
like the heart cowering in my shirt,
I risked a second glance. His eyes bore
darkly into mine...

Hooked! Starkly, we swam
a glorious ocean...
Our lovemaking done by Camden Town,
he left the train

I never saw him again

Copyright R. N. Taber 2002

[From: First Person Plural by R. N. Taber, Assembly Books, 2002]

[Note: Camden Town is a district of North-West London, about 15 mins travel on the Northern Line from Leicester Square.]


No comments: