Friday 9 March 2012

Tea For Two OR Pink Underwear

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

Although 600+ poems have appeared in various poetry publications worldwide (not including my collections) few of these have been on a gay theme. Today's poem is one of the few, first published in an anthology So Starts A New Beginning, Poetry Now (Forward Press) 2001 and subsequently in my collection the following year.

Chance meetings of a romantic nature are comparatively rare. But, oh, the thrill and adrenaline rush when a special someone steps out of a daydream into our lives for real. It may or may not be the start of something big, but ...who cares?   GO FOR IT.

TEA FOR TWO or PINK UNDERWEAR

Stirring my tea, brooding
about my life,
wishing things different;
less angst and despair,
more hope, love and peace
on Earth, everywhere

Suddenly, a hand took mine,
“I say, you’re spilling
your tea!” I looked up, glaring
and found myself
staring….into eyes as blue
as a picture postcard sea,
and all I could do was grin
(somewhat foolishly)
and try to ignore…nipples
pricking his shirt,
making ripples down
my spine, bringing a lump
to my throat, full lips
teasing mine…with a smile
like a burst of sunshine
on a cloudy day set on chasing
the world's cares away

I let him wrap me in velvet,
pocket my dreams
in his jeans as we left,
still chatting away
much as old friends will do,
and seizing the day

Copyright R. N. Taber 2002

[Note: This poem first appears in First Person Plural by R. N. Taber, Assembly Books, 2002]

No comments: